7.11.04

blablabhalbalbhbhtghglalbhghalal.

TO ALL THE ONES I KNOW AND LOVE:

Sometimes I am busy, too busy to hang out.
It comes from these assignments
Music, writing, reading Grout.
It is not because I hate you,
or wish to be way.
The reason is quite simple...I need a longer day.

Please do not be downtrodden,
or think that I am lost,
but lift me up in studying,
(or help me pay the cost;)

It's a good thing I am doing, on that we can agree?
To learn the gifts that I've been given
is a priviledged responsibility.
One day I'll sing you opera,
in Italian, German, French.
And as you shed a tear of wonder
you'll know just what I've meant.

For now, dear friends, I need the love
which you so freely give.
Please do extend it to me, though far from me you live
in schools, and offices, and carpools and homes
whose thresholds I may not soon cross.

I need you still
for you make my life
overflow with joy, with laughter.
I cherish very much in my heart
our times of regal chatter.

An essay waits, a song to be learned,
and so, dear ones, I part.
To end this poem I leave you with
my German word of choice.
It means "to go", in the leaving sense,
but in english, it sounds a gas.

So here it is! Fahrt! away!
now, now I must go.
To Jo, I say "in the morning, friend",
to the rest of you
I sing...

so long.

No comments: