7.9.05

Introduction to Post-Tonal Life.

Walking to school was pretty much 30min from my door to my class room.

beeaaaaaam!

Lots of cute boys with blue eyes....hooray for Alberta.

I look pretty good today. Wore light blue to show off my tan (much of which has come from walking around Lethbridge the last couple days).

All my roommates are at the house now. 7 girls...almost like ywam.

HMm...I've had Theory V so far -- Introduction to Post-Tonal Theory. Basically, everything I've learned so far is good, but when it comes to 20th and 21st century music, calling something its tonal name doesn't make sense anymore. You see, up until now, everything in a piece of music was named according to its function. NOW, most of those functions, based as they are on a tonal system, have no place anymore, as the music is POST-tonal.

PHew.

So that's good times, eh?

No comments: