11.9.05

it's real.

encouragement!
i went to church today -- that was good.
went to a young adults kick-off tonight -- also good.
i even made some acquaintances which i think could be friends.
got a ride home with 4 nice boys from saskatchewan...one of them asked me to be praying for his car.
a joke, but also not. so i will.

so things are looking up. i came home with a wok (!), and a feeling that i could be at home here. that's weird to say, because in so many ways, nowhere will be home like a hug from zoe or a rock garden banquet, or a north shore sunset. it won't be the same to drive with nice boys from saskatchewan as it is to drive with my favorite ones -- ben and dad. no other scientists love ballet, nobody else will mend my jeans and make me a skirt, and no one sings like the littlest sister who could.

BUT...this will be good, and these people will make their way into my heart and i will hold them dear, finding that my heart can hold more than i thought possible. it will burst again with joy.

the best part is...

well...i think it's that God is amazing, and he knows me, and as he says, "trust me", and i do so with much fear and trembling and tears, he gently, so gently shows me that my trust and my hope will not be let down.

anyway.

LOVE. no matter who i meet that is new and neat and exciting, never forget that you are always in my heart.

No comments: