5.10.07

the profundity is unwitting...

"doing is not the same as releasing. you cannot make 'let go' happen."

-- laurell anderson, Alexander Technique instructor.



The things this woman said about the voice and the body and the whole kinesthetic system absolutely blew me away.

For me, it was using more energy and resistance to create, define and engage each phrase -- such a simple answer to a seemingly impossible question.

For another, it was letting go of active tension to find true opposition and balance -- the voice which flew, spun and danced its way to freedom was breathtaking.

These teachers, Alexander and Reid, must be geniuses. They've discovered methods that work for everyone -- methods of movement and song that call out a response to the body's natural rhthyms.

It's so much easier than we've made it out to be!

The resounding answer must be, "yes! I've found it! I'm home, at last!"

you'd think I was talking about Jesus or something...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And yet why can't you be talking about Jesus? Jesus to me (or at least the Holy Spirit) is far more like a voice, flying, spinning, dancing towards freedom and calling all of us to join. I think Jesus was a good singer. And I think you are too.

Anonymous said...

OK - so when I say far more - I should probably include the far more than what part. Far more than a mere man. Just like your voice is far more than a mere intstrument. It's freedom.