20.10.03

too late.

school tomorrow!? AHH!!!

I'm writing a review for the Stanley Theatre's production of Othello, which I saw over a week ago, and hence should have reviewed over a week ago. I didn't even take notes during the show, so specifics of scenes i liked/disliked are hard to write down.
argh.

Tonight I ushered for a show @ school, and what I wanted to share from that was a couplet of lyrics from a song.

"an enemy to my soul resides inside me
and so i am afraid to meet myself alone"

a poignant line, no? And a very human way of thinking. I was pondering this as I sat in the audience listening to the song.
It's not God who perceives us as having the enemy inside us...that's a human perception. The enemy of our souls is outside of us...
what struck me was how often we believe that we are worthless, or that there is something inherently wrong with us...
I suppose in a way there is, because we're human, but I guess on a more personal level...

too often I hate who I am, and I'm afraid to meet God, or even to be honest with myself, because I will be face to face with this awful being who is me. But in truth, if Christ lives in me...if God has breathed into me his holy Spirit then I am redeemed, and though I sin, I can stand forgiven before the Father...

What destroys me, what is the enemy to my soul is the evil one, whose lies I may take in, but they still do not come from within me.

Perhaps the enemy to my soul which lives inside me is only my insecurities, over which I can have the victory...

?

No comments: