13.3.05

today was a day of smelling roses.

I didn't put on any make up today, and I didn't have a shower until 5.30pm. I woke up at noon, and went for a long walk around the neighbourhood. It's good to see that families still play at parks on the weekend.

Friday night, I was at a music party. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess I can say that while I love my friends, being with them while they gorge themselves on all the substances available to modern twentysomethings, leaves me with nothing more than a profound sense of despair and sorrow.

On another note, here's a quotation from an article I just read about Pentecostals and Mainliners, and what we can learn from each other:

"Humility. Mainliners call their institutions denominations. Historically the term denotes, among other things, a group of Christians who see through a glass darkly. Each tradition, it suggests, must recover an aspect of the great body of Christian teachings and practices that others have underplayed or overlooked. (The sect, in contrast, assumes exclusive responsibility and privileged knowledge.)"

Here's the articule.

Have a good night.
Love...

No comments: