23.12.05

torn.

It's hard to know, from this standpoint, how to negotiate community, and living in 2 cities.

Being back at asap on Tuesday felt like home, but I am coming to know and love and be involved with churches/friends in Lethbridge as well.

Having friends in 2 cities isn't so hard, I can handle that. It's more the church thing.
I really like where asap is going, who's leading it, and the family I have there. I love the flags for dancing, the mood lights, the spontaneous shouts of joy, the awkward straining to stand, or to run or to jump...

So much growth, leading to transition and LIFE. It is something I've been able to totally connect with.

Lethbridge churches...nothing quite exactly the same. That's alright though, I wouldn't want a carbon copy...I don't see how that could be...good.
It's made for an interersting fall though.
I'm involved with 2 churches, at one with young adults/worship, and another just as a go-er. The first is smaller, maybe 200-300 on a Sunday morning? The second has 2 services, each with a couple hundred people, give or take (especially give me a break because guessing based on visual stats is not my strong point...at all).

As if numbers matter.

In the first church, young adults were some of my first friends, definitely some of my dearest. I am being known there, involved with the ministry, have coffee-d with the pastor.
The second church, as a of yet, has led to no meaningful relationships, except the ones I have with my sweet neighbour girls (and MA), and those have definitely been strengthened. Second church is going strong, with a focus and understanding of the work of the Holy Spirit, the importance of missions/evangelism, and a personal relationship with JC.

First church, love the senior pastor, how he speaks and teachers.
Second church, love the welcoming of persons with prophetic giftings.

On and on and on. The point is, I just don't know. Throw in my involvement (and executive position) with IVCF, interest in 'the Gate' (charismatic church, will go in the new year for the first time), and I'm pretty much as scattered in Lethbridge as I was here (BUC (dad's the pastor), asap, rock garden, worship invasion...), but without the rooting of a home community.

It's a post of questions, so let me know what you think. I'm not distraught or disheartened...I'm just wondering.

Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments: