19.4.07

i can't believe i'm quoting a facebook.com wall post, but...it made me smile (part 2 of ...)

I wrote this on my friend's wall on facebook when he said "how is school? what are you learning?"
I went a little beyond strictly "scholarly" lessons, but life is all about learning, so I still answered the question.



what am i learning?
hmm.
religious group dynamics, and lots of stuff about the sociological study of church. it's kind of disorienting actually, but it's good. makes for a lot of conversation material, when people are interested in wrestling stuff through their minds with me.
i'm learning that the opera world is anything but fair, so you take the opportunites you're given, and then ask for more.
i'm learning that through the way i'm singing, the way i interact with my teacher, i have the chance to change some major things in my life, and to change the way i present myself the world, the way i take on challenges, and the way i live - either just doing what is necessary, or going beyond to discover all the things i can do.
i'm learning that loneliness has many forms, as does friendship, and you have to roll with what you have, not wasting time and tears pining for what you don't.
the weather in lethbridge is unpredictable. never pack up the snow gear. :)

No comments: