12.1.04

classically speaking...

Today is a very important day: semester 2 of my post-secondary education begins!
and YESTERDAY was important because I discovered the first soprano I really enjoy listening to: Dawn Upshaw (I think).

I got an album of hers from the RPL. She's sings "Debussy's lost songs..." (I'll double check that CD title later).

Anyway, it's good. I really like it. YAAAAY!! There is hope for my classical listening yet.

Oh, and I have a note on why my posts aren't usually long and ranty---I blog when I'm tired, and the coherence of my thinking @ that time is ususally slim to none. So it makes sense. My thoughts only last a few moments.

That and my short term memory is terrible, so anything I might think to post about during the day will soon be forgotten, and by the time I sit down to blog, all that is left are the mundance incidents of life.

shout out to all my peeps @ Cap. Lunches together in the courtyard start: tomorrow.

No comments: