1.10.05

new friends.

I headed out for a run around 5.12pm today. I called my new friend Deanna on the way out the door, just to see what she was up to tonight. She, and some other friends, were going to a concert tonight, so she invited me.
I thought about it on my run, and even though $10 is a bit steep for one with no cash, I decided to go. I decided it would be good for me to go!

SO...I went! With Deanna, Mary-Ann, Mel and Andrew (who is my blume = flower...that's another story). It was sweet. First off, Mary-Ann paid for all of us...wow. Blessings.

The girl we went to see, amanda falk, was so good. I was really impressed, and moved, by her. She finished her show with worship (it was at a church), and it was the best worship I've been in since I moved here. I was just on my knees, weeping. Crying out everything that's been stuck inside. Wow.

After the show, we talked with her for probably half an hour, hugs all 'round (my first hugs in 27 days were tonight! From Deanna and Amanada -- more amazing a blessing than I can tell you. Except maybe you'll understand when I say that the last person to hug me was my mom on Sept.3/05 when she left Lethbridge). So yeah. Amanda said we totally blessed her in the worship time...we were in the front, just givin'er, plus we're all voice majors, just letting go to our Father. We're gonna keep in touch with her, which I think is rad. And to be honest, if I were her, travelling around, and I met some girls who I actually connected with, however briefly, I would totally want them to email me, and keep in touch.

THAT WAS MY NIGHT!!!

Deanna and some other girls live a few doors down, actually 2. We went there after the show, and hung out, and Deanna played with my hair, and we listened to Amanda's cd, and I cried some more...man.

I'm supposed to run with Lynnae in a few hours (@ 7.30am or so), and then I'm going out with the neighbour girls for breakfast. Also, my roomies are awesome, Jenessa's boyfriend Kyle is here, he's really fun. We're ordering KFC tomorrow -- so greasy and gross.

I'm checking out some new churches this weekend -- for sure sunday morning @ River of Life Community Church, with Deanna and crew.

So that's my update. Weird to tell you guys about new friends, but also rad...my heart is expanding and filling with more love. Wow.

peace...

"It's been so long since I have met you here, since I have said these words or cried these tears. And like a child would come I run into our secret place. And s the music fades, the tears are rolling down my face.
I am alive in this moment, in this moment I am found. I belong."

-- starfield.

No comments: