16.10.05

a practical introduction.

The title really means nothing, unless you, in your poetic genius cause it to mean something. Yes.

While imr will not be rocking the socks off of all Lethbridge residents anytime soon, I did go to Calgary and hang out with them yesterday. Phew. Thank goodness for roommates. (My roomie Carmen was going to Calgary, and she tooketh me with her).
I guess I can say I didn't hang out with "IMR", but I did hang out with ash, andwer, ryan and steve. It was a day when I was reminded that we're friends, and I'm so thankful for that.

TODAY has also been great. I went to church with my friends Deanna and Mel (they live 2 doors down), and Mary-ann was there too.
I was really...I don't know, both moved and disturbed during the sermon. I...was struggling with what the pastor was saying, not that it was wrong, more that it was a message that really caused me to think about what happened this summer at Keats...
anyway, after the service I went up for prayer, and my friend Mary-Ann was there, and we were both in tears, so we talked for a bit...and then this guy Brian came and said he had a word for her, so they prayed together, meanwhile I'm just sitting, crying, wondering what...just what I can even pray for myself. Then...THEN Brian has a word for me, and ... WOW.

God is faithful. And he knows who I am, and what my heart is longing after. He understands better than I do the feelings that I struggle with, and that, this morning, was made clear to me again, and I am overwhelmed by it right now.

I think it's too personal to post on here, and also it would be very trite ... but what I would desire or attempt to communicate is this sense of awe at who God is, and the intimacy with which he knows me, and the gentleness with which he speaks to me. And as he softens my heart, and removes my defenses, I do not feel condemned, or just beat up and destroyed, but in the midst of it, and over all of it, I know that I'm loved.

That's all for now.

tunes: shane and shane.

No comments: