12.3.07

refreshing.

the wind has been blowing with great strength for about 13 consecutive hours now.

it's refreshing.

the image of the wind rushing in to blow away the last dredges of winter chill and tiredness...

this morning MA, Mel & I led worship @ Lethbridge Christian School's 9am chapel! woohoo, singing @ 9am...

it was really cool to be there with those kids, and hear them singing...I realize how cynical I've become, and in that, starved for meaningful fellowship, for any kind of deep, fulfilling spiritual connection. it's a deadly loop, cynicism, and I suppose I'll have to get out of it. :)



we went for a long walk in the coulees (or, more accurately, along the river bottom), and it was SO beautiful -- I really do love spring. the metaphors of renewal and regrowth seem cliche until you're walking in them, soaked in sunshine, refreshed by the breezes...

it's a beautiful thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that wind blew me all over the place... i loved it as well... i think the albertans were annoyed with it but it brought memories of the ocean to my soul

Melinda said...

totally, hey?

I've been saying that since I got here...without the wind, I'd feel uber landlocked...but it reminds me of the sweet, waterborne breezes.

Tony said...

Except the wind here has the humidity of a dessicated prune in the sahara.

Melinda said...

that's true.
but we ocean-born girls will take what little comfort we can in this dry wind.

anything to remind you of home.