21.3.04

a discussion! with tea! and crumpets!

The Title.

Okay, well, Haaaaaaallo.
I wanted to address the comment left by your favourite blog reader, and mine, Anonymous!
*applause, cheering...stop*

He/She seems rather upset @ my quasi-frequent inclusion of my school marks in my blog posts.
Well, I certainly never thought it would be irritating. My apologies.
And the deal is this:

I've been out of school for 3 years, which, in terms of remembering how to learn and study et al. is a long time. I've had an incredible 3 years, and I'm really glad I waited to enter the post-secondary world.
That said, about this time last year I was SO nervous about applying @ Cap. Now I know it's pretty caj, but @ the time...woah. I hadn't had reason to sing competetively for some time, I didn't know anything about theory, I hadn't played piano in years, I could not tell a Major 7th from a minor 3rd for the life of me--in terms of being prepped for music school, I wasn't.

School in general. Yeeuuuccchhhhh. Stressed me out.

But, I got my references, I prepared my songs, sang my audition, took the theory placement test (thrice), and somehow, managed to scrape together enough musicianship to be "in". (Again, it may not be as hard as the auditioning process would seem to stipulate [words?]...).

SO, to be finding SUCCESS is both surprising and, at times, overwhelming. It's a huge confirmation that this is where I'm supposed to be, and that maybe, just maybe, I have some skills...it's encouraging. Amazing. Pretty neat-o.

Thus, Anonymous, is the reason why I post my grades, not because I am in grade 3. The other day when I got my history mark back, I was stunned. I hadn't a clue what the last song in the listening was after the 2nd playing of it, and we only get to hear each selection 3 times.

If you know me (?) I hope you can celebrate with me (hip-hip...hooray!!! [x3]), and if you don't...well, be glad to read the blog of a smart girl.

:D

yours truly,
Melinda
aka. Eli Cash FanCLub presidentia.

No comments: