17.1.06

Another Minna?! What the.....


Hello all in the wonderful world of Melinda's blog!

This is the before mentioned fantastic neighbor friend of Ms. Appenheimer here to report a rather bizarre story. It took place in my anthropology class this morning and goes like this:

Teacher: "Does anyone have a story about words they used to attach to people when they were young....anything."

Student: "Yeah...my sister's name is Melinda and I couldn't say that when I was a kid so I just called her Min or Minna instead."

Deanna: *Jaw dropped* (in her head) "But that's what MY friend Melinda was called. You can't have it! No you can't!!"

As you can tell, I was quite shocked, but very intrigued at the thought that Melinda was probably being called Minna around the same time this girl's sister was too just somewhere else in the world. How bizarre!

Never change Linna! (HA! no one can take that nickname cause I made it up when she moved to Lethbridge! I know...I'm a genius)

Dee is Over and OUT
(that's me in the picture)

No comments: