17.5.06

happy birthday, happy birthday, happy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to m e.


I wish it was still May 16.

Alas.

This picture is from last year, my birthday -- not the best pose, but fitting for the occasion, non?


On may 16, the 24th anniversary of my birth, I:

.got up early, and went to work.
..had a good, but hard, day at work. exhaust fans were broken so it was all heat in the kitchen baby -- ALL HEAT.
...got changed after work, which is worth mentioning, because...I said so.
....drove to n.vans (note: the exit from stanley park --> lion's gate bridge is CLOSED during evening rush hour).
.....dinner with chong, amanda, ashley/eigh, katrina b. and a grumpy waiter.
......asap, just the tail end.
.......bellinis and THE BEST CHOCOLATE TORTE EVER with laura b, sidney, amy. hoorah for milestones, and australian waiters.
........less b.day emails than previous years, but it's all good. natalie and kasey called, wow, kasey is so amazing, even at 6 weeks old, and over the phone.
.........sidney and I were talking about this amazing guy we know, who has all the girls in love with him, but ignores them all. I said he should go for this girl who liked him forever, sidney said, "he should go for you!!". that went a long way towards making today amazing. I never think of myself as the girl the guy should go for.
..........yay me.

No comments: