23.5.06

it's that time again...



CANDLES!!!

Wh-what is new with me, you ask?

I can't think of where to begin.

We all know about my new job, yes yes, and there's no new boyfriend, nono. I got some new cd's for my new age (24).

Oh, and this:

I went to the chiropractor last Thursday, to ask about orthotics and the phenomenal pain in my back. We got that all sorted out, and $335 later, I was on my way.

Fast forward to SUNDAY: dad comes in to wake me up for church, and as I roll over, willing myself to consciousness, I notice that my back hurts. No biggie -- whenever I sleep for more than 6 hours at a time, my back is sore/stiff/etc. My ankles are still every morning when I wake up, so this is NO BIG DEAL.

HOWEVER:
I drive to church alone, because I got up late, and my back still hurts. This is sort of unusual, especially since when I breathe deeply, the pain worsens. All through church I feel pathetic, but the sermon is about DO NOT DESPAIR, so I think, ok, fine, I won't.

AFTER CHURCH, we go to milestones: still in pain.

Fast forward to MONDAY: I get up to go to work, still in pain, even after extensive stretching on Sunday night (before bed). Nonetheless, I drive to Stanley Park, and do my sandwich thing. While wheeling a cart of lasagnas and salads into the cafe, I slip on the freshly mopped floor, and fall on my derriere. MOMENTS LATER, I am walking back into the kitchen, and I slip on a piece of lasagna and fall again.

AH!

The pain is not much worse, but I elect to go home early.

WHILE DRIVING HOME: I decide to swing down dunbar, to see if Mikael is home. Somewhere on Pt.Grey Road, my flip flop gets caught under the gas pedal, just as I need to brake suddenly, so I violently SWERVE into the next lane, to avoid hitting the car in front of me. I take my shoes off. I am shaken, but ok.

LATER ON: my neck hurts. It is painful and nearly impossible to turn my head. AHH what have I done?

THIS MORNING: the chiropractor and I talked about WCB claims, at my pre-office hours appointment. She says, while fixing me up, that I seem to have whiplash, a muscular injury, and I should file a WCB claim.
*whiplash*, I think. Oh, and then I recall my self-inflicted car "accident".

I don't think I can claim that from WCB.

THUS: I am in pain. I will not despair, but I am in pain.

No comments: