20.2.07

manhattan at night, starring: me!

what up ya'll.

just thought I'd let you know that I adventured myself from 172nd and Ft.Washington on down to Lincoln center (Met Opera presents for some lovely friends), and then back up to 103 & Broadway to get some pizza from Sal & Carmine's (as recommended by Emily Lyall).

here's a fun list:

Stuff I've Learned So Far In New York City (Manhattan):

1. uptown = travelling North in Manhattan, downtown = travelling South in Manhattan.
2. New Jersey is a state. Never move from Manhattan to New Jersey. Seriously. Giving up the dream. Just move back to Canada.
3. Streets run East and West, Avenues run North and South.
4. There is no 99 cent pizza. $2.50 minimum.
5. Walk, don't Run across the streets (unless a cab is literally headed right for you), but do so confidently.
6. New York has 5 Burroughs: Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island.
7. Met Opera singers really aren't the "best". Example: we went and saw Verdi's Simon Boccanegra, and only 1 singer was big enough to handle it.
8. Ellis Island was an immigration processing facility.
9. Times Square makes everything neon -- police station and McDonald's included.
10. I could totally live here. For reals. Subletting Elizabeth's place this summer? ... more likely than finding a genie in a bottle, I can tell you that much.

Ok kids. that's the post for today. 24 hours from now I will be home, or at least in Lethbridge, and all this will be but a dream...

and you'll get more photoblogs.

good times!

ok.peaceout.

No comments: