7.5.03

It was one of those moments you'll never forget. Or I'll never forget. Like seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.
Hearing In Medias Res on the Fox.
11pm, May 6, 2003.
The DJ totally said their name wrong.
"This band is releasing their album tomorrow night @ Mesa Luna's...blah blah blah...'in madeas res'...phonetically it's 'in medias res', but pronounced 'in madeas res'. It's a latin term, too much for my caveman brain to handle. Anyway, from their upcoming release 'Of What Was', here is 'Wise Investor'...."
*strangely enough, this song was once titled 'radio friendly'*.

OH WoW!
It was so good! It IS so good!

And I'll remember I heard it with Pete (Grizzly Pete, that is), Laura Brook, Chris and Justin Nichols (farting like there was no tomorrow...eww....), and Chonger. In Pete's big, black Ford truck, outside Timmy Ho's, Marine Drive, North Van.

That's all folks.

P.S...to Ash, Andwer, STeve, Ryan (and all who helped you with this album too!) ... WOW! AMAZING! THe passion and intensity of the live, with the perfection possible only in studio.
I am so proud of you. I really am.

No comments: