8.5.03

wow.
'of what was' is one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard.
I fell asleep to it last night, close to tears.

Music is my language. I think it's so much a part of me, I don't even notice it sometimes. But it's a big part of how I see, experience, and live in the world. It's the universal language, apparently. That's what they tell me. It has power, for good or evil, depending. But for some it's a life force.
That's the sense I get in listening to imr's album.

Having heard the songs on crappy sound systems in venues with bad acoustics, and on good sound systems in better venues, but never getting the clarity a studio can produce, the album is awesome. It's beautiful.

Add all that onto being so proud of ash, andwer, steve and ryan, just as their friend--watching them work and practice and run after this thing they want, using the gifts they've been given--put it all together, and you've got me close to tears.

And so, I cry, with joy streaming down the creases made by time. Perhaps a heart jaded, through times of darkness faded, brought to light by grace...and hand held out in rescue.
And a few good tunes to keep the beat along the way.

No comments: