19.8.04

contests

I noticed, while eating my second breakfast this morning, that cereal box contests usually stipulate "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY". You can send in for the rules, or just read them off the box while perusing the supermarket aisles. I think that is the case for most food contests. You can enter without purchasing the product. (In this morning's situation, it was a chance to design the "Life" cereal box. Yumm.)

I thought this over while masticating my early morning meal, and soon realized that there is one food contest promoter who always stipulates the necessity of purchase: BEER! You can't enter beer-brand/company sponsored contests without purchasing.

Lame.

(But wise. Their prizes are usually pretty cool, so it makes sense to draw in the bling while holding a contest).

No comments: