3.9.04

GAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Today has been an important day.
I spent time with Pat, which was excellent and enlightening. I listened to Chuck Swindoll talk about grace. I thought about this:
To let go is to fear less, and love more.

How appropriate, as it turns out. You see, my best mate, Mikael, she calls me. She has big news. But somebody else might want to wait for her to tell me. She wants to see my face. Dun dun daaa...I'm freaking out, guessing at it in my head, but not knowing...ahh!! It's all too much. Then...she tells me!

See, there's this guy...he's pretty great...she's thinking of keeping him around for a while....

YEAH! She has a boyfriend! And is a girlfriend! So sweet on SOOO many levels.

And so weird.

I'll tell you his name later, after you know. Heh.

It's strangely timed though, because earlier today, Pat and I talked a lot about relationships, and what if God's plan for us is to be single 'til we're 40, or 'til we die...scary for a 22/23 year old girl to think of, but also exciting. What a challenging life of intimacy with God that would be. Just thinking about it gives me chills. WOw. Also a lonely thought, but not so much. I've got a lot of love in my life, but when I feel absolutely complete is when I worship, or pray, or just know that I am uninhibitedly in my Father's presence. Mmhmmm.

We'll see. What I can do now, is let go of my own hopes, dreams, wants, needs...outside of Christ, and what he can provide, what do I need?

Not sex, no! Not a one night stand, just a walk by the water when I'm holding your hand...(5 points for the reference)

That's the kind of Thursday it's been. Now, 4 straight days of work, leading into 4 straight months of school. See you @ the Christmas parties.

Carry each other,
melinda.of.love

No comments: