13.11.05

1-250-....who the heck is calling me?

My phone read: 1 New Voicemail, 1 Missed Call.
The Caller ID showed that I'd missed a call from a 250- number...BC, outside the lower mainland.
I thought, "could it be luke stones? or emily? andrew dean?"
I quickly called my voicemail, and was surprised to find a message from andrew...snyder. He was calling about theory, but still, I was surprised. And glad, actually, because I had theory questions for him too.

For those of you reading this from home, you should know that andrew snyder is pretty sweet. He's probably reading this, so I'm not sure exactly what to say...
A bunch of us watch 'amazing race' at andrew's house every tuesday -- it's one of the things the "group" has welcomed me into. Anyway, last week, andrew's team got out -- it was pretty tragic. But, I know andrew is strong, and his team made real headway as a family -- it was a beautiful thing to watch.


Andrew has recently become an uncle to a gorgeous niece named Calista Mae. I might try and put a picture on here for you...but as we all know, I don't really have picture skills. Although he and I aren't super close (yet?), I was so proud and excited for him, and when the baby finally arrived, it was huge. The baby wasn't huge, but the event, the arrival, that was huge.

I don't know what else to tell you. Andrew has a beautiful tenor voice, which won him a spot in a sing-along 'Messiah' this Christmas.

Andrew is, obviously, a guy, which makes for an interesting friendship. A lot of my friends at home are guys, and I'm pretty close with some of them. Making new guy friends is more difficult than I would have assumed -- especially with christian guys, there's a lot of boundaries, and healthy ones, but still, I don't always expect them. I think that for the guys, it comes out of a respect for the ladies they know, not wanting to lead any of them on (this stems from what I think is an epidemic amongst christians girls...our desire to define relationships, but ultimately, our tendency to think that every good looking christian guy we meet must be MR.RIGHT(eous), and must be told of his new status...), but it also means that the guys tend to keep their distance. I guess that's healthy in a sense, but I also think that some friendships aren't all they could be...

Maybe that's enough about Andrew for now...I'll do a series of posts, introducing my friends here.

Uh...hey Andrew, was this awkward?

No comments: