13.6.03

It's later than I wish it were, but I was just having an excellent conversation with my mum and Joanna, and that's not the kind of thing you cut off. I really like my mum, and my dad for that matter. Both of them are such examples to me of what it is to follow God. Not when it's easy or perfectly laid out, but to go and follow where He is calling and leading. They fully supported my time with ywam, and my time out of school, my recording, and my applying for school. They are here to help me with theory, with faith, with learning to cook rice properly, with friends, work; to hear my frustrations, my sorrows, joys, fears, worries, anxieties, problems; daycare and portland stories, philosophies, rants, hormonal rages....
My dad ministers in a denomination he doesn't fully agree with, but he stays because God has called him to. My mum is right in there too. They model to me a marriage that isn't perfect, but it's worth fighting for, and full of love.
I don't know what else to say, other than I hope they're around for a long time. It's hard to imagine walking into the world without them behind me, cheering me on, praying for me, and waiting to give hugs, no matter what happens.
Mum and dad, I love you.

No comments: