29.10.06

a good high school memory!?

I had a friend in high school named ryan. We were in acting and stagecraft together, I think in grades 11 and 12. He had transferred from another school, and was this totaly bad ass, but we had a sweet friendship.

I don't really remember how or when it started, but I know we had a lot of fun in class together, learning how to build sets, and totally screwing up, and hoping that nobody fell through out platforms. Well, that was mostly me, and he'd fix my mistakes.

There are a couple of memories I have that are really precious though, and I'm thankful for them (because high school rememberances are generally not all that fond for me).

The one I'll share here happened just after I performed my one-woman-show (Grade 12 final acting project). It was so intense guys -- I'm not sure I even kept the script. It was a daring write for me, because I dove into dark places in my heart and mind, and wrote a script that frightened even me. It was the first time in my life where I laid myself bare, and the only time that I've done so with such intensity, and in front of an audience.

I didn't rehearse the piece, even though it had a dance component -- I knew exactly what it would be like. I knew it so deeply, and I just went onstage and did it.

When I finished, I was weeping, and when I walked off stage, ryan was there and...he was there.

I haven't seen him in years, and although I would love to, I'm ok with him being a friend from high school. I hadn't thought about him for a while, but sometimes it's good to remember the good stuff.

No comments: