2.10.06

THE PRESERVATIONIST

the preservationist is a novel by david maine. it's based on the story of noah's ark, and it is a fresh look atit which is an excellent read.

call me -- you can borrow it.

this is an excerpt from a chapter narrative by the wife of Cham, noah's eldest son.


"It seems to me that Yahweh has a thing or two to answer for. But I'm the first to admit, there's a lot I don't understand. So I'll get back to the mountains, one day, maybe years from now, and collect those shells. Some of them were even embedded in stone, odder still. I'll study them and try to understand what they're doing there, and perhaps through understanding Yahweh's creation, I can understand Yahweh. At least a little. Perhaps by understanding Him, I'll better understand His moivation for destroying so much of the beauty He had wrought.
It's the least I can do, I suppose. Give Him the benefit of the doubt, try to understand before passing judgement."

No comments: