10.10.06

I wrote a song.

"If we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering
nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that Our Lord
finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted
creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy
is offered us
, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies
in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a
holiday at the sea.
"
-C.S. Lewis

I forget wherein this Lewis treasure is found, although I can tell you that the highlighted line inspired a song, and in fact these words found their way into my lyrics.

"Do I expect to little?
Am I arrogant to ask for more?
Am I too easily pleased with mudpies / ignore the beauty of the seashore..."
- m.appenheimer



So there.

No comments: