1.10.06

remember the kind of september...



For those of you who've known me for a few years (say, 4-6), you'll remember my pre and/or post ywam experience...well, you won't remember the experience from MY point of view, but rather from your own.

Perhaps you will recall what you saw in me, changes, good and bad...

what am I trying to say?

It's been a long road back from Australia.

Four years ago, I was getting ready to go, I was working @ the Portland Hotel...I was waiting for my visa, and I was excited to encounter God, to travel, and I was expecting a life change.

I got all of those things, and then the fall out.

Now, DTS was incredible -- I can't imagine my life now without it, but I think that post-ywam was much more painful than it needed to be.

I think that now, in Lethbridge, God's digging into the healing of that, which is really...hard. What's cool right now is that my ivcf staff leader is willing to come alongside me in some of that, and help me walk it out...which is a vital shift in the post-ywam experience for me. Having someone who isn't just a friend, but who is a pastor and a leader, to be a part of me figuring this out. Troy's rad. I think he's really going to hold me to becoming a part of this community, and not just settling for loneliness and solitude.

ANyway...I'll keep you posted.

:)



To those at home for whom this post makes sense...thank you for sticking with me, and being the face of love.

No comments: