22.2.03

hey...i wrote a new song.
these are the words.


pen in hand, guitar in arms
i sit down to write a song
'bout the night when you came 'round,
i thought we'd be friends for now.

waltzing in so unannounced, and I notice your shirt matches mine.

best friends- you think they're pretend
when will this mystery end
they all think i'm in a dream
nightmare...wake up, as i scream...

waltzing in so unannounced, and I notice...hey, you cut your hair.

by the look of what i see, this mistake was meant to be
now we have a history...i hope no one remembers.
it's like that White Stripes song I heard Jack Johnson cover once...
(hey, isn't he great? I just wanna dance when I hear his "la da da da da da...")
oh wait...i've got this pen, it needs to write words again in blue.
it's how i think.

i'm so distracted, i think the point was
i can tell that we are gonna be friends
i can tell that we are gonna be friends.

waltzing in so unannounced, you stole my heart and then I ran as far as I could carry me
i'm so tired.
then i noticed (the sign that gave me hope) your eyes match mine.

now we have these shirts and while--
silence rolling on for miles--
in this moment we are fine
listening to Over the Rhine

waltzing in so unannounced you took my hand beneath starlight

i just wanted to finish this on the chorus...won't you sing along?

abbedy-abbedy---that's all folks.

No comments: