6.2.03

So, my friend "Anonymous" may be interested to read this post.
I was talking with Ash this evening...and I had a bit of a revelation.

What saddens me most, when I look at my friends, is how little they know about God. Not in the sense that they aren't as smart as me (not that I think I'm so brilliant, but I want to assert that I'm not all, "I've done a dts, so I know all...", on the contrary), but in the sense that they don't know the depth of God's love for them. Neither do I, for that matter. As my friend Steve said today, if we're on the bottom rung of the ladder...to knowing the fullness of God...

*Ok, not the bestest metaphor, but whatever...it works.*

Anyway, so that's what it all comes down to. With my closest friends, I'm not as much upset by their actions, as by what's behind those actions. The sadness and self-consciousness, the absence of....

It's the difference between being able to say with your brain, "yes, Jesus loves me", and being able to know that (if only for a shred of time), the creator of the universe, the humble servant, the Prince of peace...that He loves you...to know that with every fibre of your being, to have it influence the way you see yourself, feel about who you are, the way you live your life...

To be aware of the fact that the ones I love most in the world haven't known that love...

It breaks my heart, it makes me angry, it frustrates me, and it makes breathing very difficult...the overwhelming sense of desperation that comes upon me is indescribable.

To the Lord I say, I am yours, I am yours, I am yours.
My spirit is stirred.
May it never calm completely.

No comments: