22.4.04

the end....

I decided not to go to camp this summer, for good reason, and definitely after much time spent asking God about it.
So, I'm fine with that. City summer, could be awesome...there are definitely some people here who I look forward to spending time with.

I had a few camp friends who were going to be staying home as well, and I was so stoked about that. They're good friends too, awesome people, and I was so excited at the prospect of hanging out with them. Still would be. Except...they're not staying home anymore.

Aiiya.

I can't even blame them, I mean...who would stay here...when you can be up there? It's beautiful, the night sky is incredible, you get to spend your summer OUTSIDE, with friends, working, but really, it's chill. And there's the faith aspect too, when it all works together, it can be really uplifting.

It's my God, you know, he's just pushing me to trust him more and more. Who knows? Maybe I'll meet a guy this summer who I never would have met, had I been way. Maybe I'll get other incredible opportunities, in ministry, in friendship, or with school and music...things that never would have happened while I was at camp. I actually have a lot of hope in my heart that this summer will be amazing. Seeing prayer answered in the real world context.

NOT HAVING THE BUBBLE TALK...that will be good.

I'm just so sentimental. And when you're in that state of mind, nothing bad filters through. I only remember the good, love-filled, stars and sunset times. The long conversations, hikes in the forest, drinking tea at sunrise (okay...I've never done that), but swimming, tanning, chilling on the field...

Problem is, I think a lot of it is sentiment. A lot of it is remembering the great traditions, but forgetting the Spirit who still moves today. Forgetting that he sometimes does new things. Forgetting that all the great memories in the world don't change a life forever. But meeting the eternal God does.

Anyway, I'll probably spend a few nights crying, missing what has been, wondering what is happening up at camp. And no doubt, I'll go and visit. But I think there's a lesson in continuity, in perserverence, in trust. I'm excited to be here. I'll miss the ones up there. But really...it's only 8 weeks.

If you see me in July and August, bring on the lovin', though. I'll be missing that the most.

No comments: