5.11.02

When your survival is reduced down to your faith, certain words take on much greater meaning, cliche becomes truth and you find yourself spouting out words you always hated to hear from other people.
Matt | 11.05.02 - 3:20 pm

Taken from the imr blog...a comment to a post by ash (the only one with 31 comments to date). It comes after one that I wrote...

After much discussion (amidst laughter and margaritas *virgin*, I had decided to post a p.s. comment....but perhaps I shan't.
Steve did a much better job of it, as did Leigh.
It has come to my attention that the way in which I speak of my faith can be interpreted as cliche and naive or ignorant.
My p.s. comment was simply going to attempt to state that, while I am a little more intense in my beliefs than some, I do not just speak of them, or think about them...they are my life. The truths I expressed in my previous comment are not just ideological statements or doctrinal understanding, but they are a result of a very real, very life-changing encouter with a very real God (blah, blah, maybe that's cliche, but get over it. I'm trying to be REAL here...trust me). This encouter has so impacted my life that the truth I speak of comes from who I am. It is what forms my morals, my beliefs, my faith--and hence my actions. For me, they are all tied up together...and I also tend to get a bit emotional. *sighs*
Anyway...I'm not sure if that made the point I was going for, but well...I'm sure someone out there will let me know.
I do not know how to separate "spiritual" me from "physical" me...but I will try and be more pragmatic in matters of faith...
*peace*
mel a. | Homepage | 11.05.02 - 6:09 am

If you really want the whole story go here. And Matt, if you ever read this...thank you.

No comments: