17.4.03

a few thoughts...

tonight, I went to a musical @ the school where I work (daycare). And, my mum is the musical director (yay mumsy!).

Vignette #1..
I was handing out programs when this sweet little chinese boy walks in with his dad. The boy was about a year old. He was walking along, fully in AWE of the pictures and paintings on the walls. He made me smile with his unabashed "wow"s and "aaaah"s.
The freedom of his expression was beautiful.

Vignette #2...
I was watching the musicals (How Does Your Garden Grow by John Jacobson and another dude), and during this one song, I just started crying. Maybe it was the lyrics, or seeing something my mum worked so hard @ being so amazing and appreciated, or seeing the grins on the kids' faces, the excitement...maybe it was my heartbreaking, knowing that not each one of those kids will always be treasured as the precious seeds they are...
But it was a real moment.

Vignette #3...(I'm pretty sure I've spelled that 'v' word wrong 3 times now...sorry English Prof)...
There was an autistic (@ least, I think that's what he's got going on) boy standing in front of me (he was performing). And while this boy doesn't communicate especially well, he knew all the words to all the songs, and sang with a lovely, clear voice.
It got me thinking about music therapy.
and my future.

I think I'm excited.

No comments: