27.10.02

I should like to attempt to post a heart-felt, honest blog without offending any of my readers. Fat chance. Fat Tuesday. Mmm...Mardi Gras...
I digress.
As you, my faithful blog reader, know, tonight I was with 1) Jessica, 2) Mikael and 3) Britta (and my family too).
On Tuesday @ the imr/the pale/stabilo boss @ twu show, I went for a short walk with Jessica. We talked about...*ugh* the person I so often talk of these days. The one who, without my consent, has managed to destroy small parts of me. Perhaps he hasn't done anything. *ugh*. Enough about him. *Trying to get to the point where I'm so over it, I'm under it*. Anyway, she told me that she and Mikael had been talking, and decided that I deserve better than him. This...*sighs* warmed my heart, for various odd reasons. Mmm...and then TONIGHT, Mikael brought it up again when I was talking about someone else. She said, "Jessica and I were talking, and we decided you deserve better friends." And I said (sarcastically), "You mean friends who don't say, 'You love God too much. You're too intense. I can't hang out with you.'?".
And Mikael...OH man! This was cool...she slams her fist down on the table and goes, "who--- he--- who---- he said that? Where is he? I'm gonna go kick his ass!"
Ha...oh, it was a funny moment which quickly went serious (briefly) and I...I was laughing, and also smiling (way down deep), and I wanted to cry.
WHY do I putter around with these...*ugh*...people who separate me for who I am, who make me feel ashamed of the great LOVE, JOY, PEACE God has given me...why!?? When I have friends who rejoice with me, who love me! Who think where I'm "at" is awesome, and...
Oh goodness! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!!!! For friends who will kick asses for me! *teehee*.
I am overwhelmed with emotion. There's this story Mikael tells about...well, a boy who kinda was interested in her (and really, what boy wouldn't be?!). And her friends told him, "No, you can't have Mikael. You'd have to convert [to christianity] and you'd have to marry her. You can't have her."
I, upon hearing that story, have always wished I had friends like that.
And apparently, I do.
*sighs*
and I think to myself...what a wonderful world.

No comments: