15.10.02

tonight I went with Zoe and Ben to see jack johnson live @ Virgin Records.
wow.
it was awesome. So small and cute and yet...he just blows you away. He has a stage presence similar to Andwer's....picture Andwer in a few years, with a manager giving him tips while trying to retain that I-hide-behind-my-guitar-so-just-let-me-play stage presence. It's so sweet and cute an innocent, yet when he starts playing...wow.
That's kinda how jack johnson is.
He's so nice! He's someone I really want to be friends with.

Cool thing:
I wanted to give Jack a copy of my album, but only the first 40 or so people in line got autographs, etc...so that was fine. During the performance (6 songs), I sort of mulled it over, and after song 4, I decided to put a plan into action. I busted a copy of "life worth living" out of its wrapper, busted some paper out of my agenda, wrote jack a note, then waited 'til song 4 was done. I went up to one of the nicest security guards I've ever met, and with a degree of nervousness showed him the CD and said, "could you give this to him (meaning jack johnson) for me?". The nice security man smiled and said sincerely, "we can definitely do that for you."
I said, "thank you," and returned to my seat, giddy with dreams of...jack johnson smiling while listening to my CD.
Small dreams, small but nice.
Thank you, nice security guard. You made my day. I hope you really meant it when you said you could give jack johnson my CD. It would mean a lot to me.
goodnite

No comments: