16.10.02

Ok, October 15...wow, good things happened.
1) I worked, which means....a) I get money, b) I met cute, cute kids. c), another center knows I am a sub who needs work.
2) a center in Vancouver booked me for two 8-10 hour days this month. YIIPEEEE!!!
3) I registered and paid for my first aid/cpr course. This will mean the possibility of a permanent job. PLUS...because I was in Vancouver paying, I got to bring Mikael home with me and spend the day with her. So....
4) day with Mikael.
5) really, really, really satirical and wise and poignant letter in Maclean's (yes, I read it!). I'll recopy the letter here someday soon.
6) themall...which generally makes me ill, but 2 factors prevented that....a) I was with Mikael (other friends help prevent mallsickness too), b) I got great deals like....ON SALE pants @ the Gap...and a GREAT, classic black blouse from CG, and a bday present for my mum.
7) It was sunny. :)
8) JACK JOHNSON!!!!!
9) ALANA DAVIS opening for Jack Johnson. WOW!!! She...wow...I can't even explain how I felt while she played. She's incredible. Her voice, her writing, even her chit-chatty stage presence...wow. I've never, EVER been so blown away by an opening act. Alana wins!
10) I gave Jack (or mr.nice security guard man) a copy of my CD yesterday (ie, MY OWN ALBUM, not my copy of his). Just thinking that maybe he'd listened to it since last night...brought a smile of mmmmm...to my face. And of course...hearing him play live...wow.
11) Jack Johnson is married to a girl named Kelly. That is so sweet. awww...
12) Post-concert chillin' with Jeff and Lindsay (brief foray with pete and sarah too).
13) my bed awaits, and my room is pretty clean.
14) God loves me.
15) I have new pants. yay.
16) brief but wonderful conversations/msn's with Katrina and Andwer, Steve C and James T. OH yeah, and James who moved to Courtenay showed up @ Binghams while I was there. And I got to eat dinner @ Binghams on my way to the concert.
17) speaking of the concert...we scored free parking!!!!
18) Ok, what can beat free parking downtown the night of a concert?
19) God loves me.
20) the end.

No comments: