28.10.02

Yesterday...
- Theo played football @ McNair field. Ben and I went to say hi. Theo's team didn't win...but that's ok. Theo is swedish.
- I called Melissa Sue in Minnesota. I can't even describe...mmm. Wow.
- I had my first "The Sound of Music" (SOM) rehearsal from 2-6pm. Wow. Alto* is really, really low. But I loved it.
- I talked to robbie t. (or whatever he likes to be called) for a fair bit of time online. He's apparently going to be leaving us for England next week...for who knows how long. *sighs* I will miss him.
- I went to bed late, but it was ok.

*note: alto is usually a part sung by women whose voices are especially brilliant from...the E (or lower?) below middle C to...the A or B above it (I think...I don't really know...). Anyway, I...am NOT an alto. I can get to the low G, but the E...ugh. My voice craps out on me and it hurts! My range (my full range, on a good day, when I am free and clear and I can sing like the dickens) is the low G to high C (now that is on a stinkin' good day. On most days, it's the low G to..high A, maybe B, but more likely G). So that's...2 octaves more or less. Not too shabby.
But I am not an alto. So I was sight reading, and it was hard for a few reasons. In no particular order...
1) the singing was in latin. I don't speak latin.
2) alto. *ugh*. so low.
3) I was sight-reading. Which I can do very well, but...I don't normally sight read (or even sing) the notes the altos sing. So...I'm not sure how they sound, or how they feel to sing. It was a strange experience.

Anyway, I'm still SO excited about being a nun...I'm a real nun too, not a novice or a postulent...nope, real nun! Oh my goodness...this is going to be so much fun.
Do come, darling. I promise you'll love it.

No comments: