1.10.02

Ok...so...I was listening to CBC Radio 2 this morning...to the classical program with the lady with the elevator music voice @ 11am-ish...and she played, "Jesus Blood Never Fails Me", and it was amazing. The symphony was built around a recording of this old homeless man in England singing the song. (Apparently, it was quite the controversy when the piece was first played. I thought it was a rather poignant statement, that this man, on the fringes of society, rather undesirable to the average human, would be singing the song, thus displaying one of the absolute truths about Christ. This old man is the one Christ would be with, were he walking the streets in human form today. It was a beautiful thing to listen to, actually.). Elevator-voice lady talked about the piece before she played it, so I ran downstairs to find a blank tape, and then ran back upstairs and popped it into the stereo and pressed 'record/play' just as the song began. I was so excited to listen to it again and again....so I rewound (sp?) the tape to listen to it...and all I got was blank tape. Dejectedly, I continued rewinding/fast-forwarding, but to no avail.

I shall have to write an email to elevator-voice lady and ask her the name/composer of the piece, then grab a friend (probably Mikael) and head down to a&b sound, and purchase a recording of it.



Tonight I am going to see Stabilo Boss @ Cheers in Delta with Erin. The band goes on @ 11pm. So it'll be an early night with lots of sleep at normal hours....

No comments: