11.9.02


GOod morning everyone!! How are you?

I made dinner for my family last night. It was really fun. Reminded me of the "good olde days" in Townsville....although when Elisa and I made dinner there, we tended to drip with sweat, so we had to lean away from the bowls/platters/plates/dishes/pans/saucers/pots we were cooking with, so's not to spoil the food.

Last night I also went to ASAP (fun ride there with Rachael B!). It was awesome. It was a worship-only night (no speaker), which was kinda nice. I like that. One can only hear so many sermons in a week. Gah. ANyway, the worship time was awesome..."what the stink constitutes and 'awesome' worship time?" you may ask...well, here is my best description as of right now.

First of all, I felt free to just worship. Sing loud, lift my hands, dance around...sometimes I get the feeling that people are watching and disapproving, which doesn't always stop me, but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

Secondly, I was having my own little prayer times. Moments where I wouldn't be singing, but I'd be taking the idea of the song and praying it (ie. "Open the Eyes of my Heart", praying that God would help me to see him, that he would reveal himself in glory, in majesty, bring change to our city...etc.etc...). That was great. I love times like that, when I'm just communing with God.

Third...well..the music was really, really good. The worship band @ asap is made up of very talented musicians, and ones who have style not just skill. They play well together, and the girls who sing have beautiful voices.

Fourth....my 2 goals for the evening were accomplished. I talked to Laurel about gigging, and I talked to Justin...who's a friend of mine, but I haven't seen him in a while. He gives the best hugs...mmm...and I love our friendship because it's super comfortable. Most of the time, anyway. I think that building a close friendship with a guy @ our age can be...well, even if the motives are platonic, there's always moments....ha, er...anyway, moving right along.

My friend Dave was there too. I thought he was up north doing some crazy stuff...in fact, I think he is, but he was back for the night. He gives great hugs too. And he's a crazy-talented musician/songwriter...wow. Apparently, he might have a CD within the next 12 months...I'll be first in line to buy it.

After ASAP, a bunch of us went to Chris and Justin's house....and listened to jazz while watching Chris' lava lamp....ha...man...I mean, we were talking, but I had to laugh at us in my head. I was so amused.

Today, I am making chocolate chip cookies. They are gonna be SOOOO good....and tonight, IMR has a show @ the Purple Onion. I'm stoked. A lot of people are coming, which is good for them...and they're playing, which is good for me. And I get to hang out with my girl Erin...and...well...there's lots of good things going on.

*Last night, I watched an episode and a half of "Freaks and Geeks". But I'll write about that later.

No comments: