18.9.02

I...forget what it was I wanted to say.

Sarah McLaughlin's (sp?) cover of "Blackbird" on the I am Sam soundtrack is amazing, and stuck in my head. Especially the line, "you were only waiting for this moment to arrive...".

I feel like I'm waiting for my moment to arrive...but I don't want to work for it. A parallel for what I've learned with God this year.

If I could be anywhere in the world right now, with anyone, doing anything...and in any time period...I'd either be in grade 8, and NOT buying vending machine junk (because today and lately I've noticed that I gained weight post-dts, and that's actually rather depressing, though not the end of the world). BUT...I'd also be...well, I don't know. I wouldn't mind starting dts again, doing it over, then coming home...but relying on God, and spending time with Him daily, rather than what I've done. But...I don't know. I mean, there's cliches like "hindsight is 20-20"...I guess I just want more right now. More of God, less of me, and also...I miss my mates. Melissa Sue, and Elisa, Kat, Pernille...I'll end there because once I list all 12 of my housemates, there's about 3 dozen more people...but yes, I miss them. Which is normal, I just can't let it overwhelm me. I wish I could just explain to you what dts was about, and have you understand completely. It's very strange having experienced that much, and now to be without the people who were there...weird.

No comments: