26.9.02

Ah...I think it's about time I started lavishing upon you the jewels of wisdom found only in Nick Hornby's High Fidelity. Of course, I can't find the page which contains the line most pertinent to my current situation...but I'll give it ago....actually, scrap that, I don't want to mess with Nick's brilliance, so I'll just find another line. Ah, here we go...it's a bit of a long one, but I know you'll enjoy it. *cheers*

"...If I want to play, say, Blue by Joni Mitchell, I have to remember that I bought it for someone in the autumn of 1983, and thought better of giving it to her, for reasons I don't really want to go into. Well, you don't know any of that, so you're knackered, really, aren't you? You'd have to ask me to dig it out for you, and for some reason I find that enormously comforting."



And from our friends @ the BRI...

Mmm-mmm good: Peruvians eat about 65 million guinea pigs each year. (found on page 315 of Bathroom Reader volume 13).

No comments: