17.9.02

There's a blog called "Vegetarian Mouse Slayer". Hmmm...odd.

I just watched the movie "Gosford Park" with Mikael (who's home, by the way. As opposed to being in, say, a mexican jail. Where she very nearly was...). It's a brilliant film. Far above most of the scurge being belched out of Hollywood these days. The Rogers Video guy (I should've caught his name, he was quite nice, and handsome, and had both ears pierced) said he'd heard it was a social commentary on the, well, society of the upper-class English in the 1930's. Hmm...I think that bit was there, but it's also just a brilliant mystery with these incredibly well-developed yet...secretive characters...my goodness. It's been a while since I saw such a good movie. *clapping* Bravo!

Today I got up rather early, and went out for breakfast with Ash and Mikael. Or rather, Ash took Mikael and I out to breakfast @ De Dutch Panenkoeke (sp?) House (the one on Granville), and it was marvelous. Mmm...so good. Though his deviation from his usual nearly killed him...*teeheehee...it was grand*. THEN we picked up my mum from school, drove her to her next school (she teaches grade 6/7 band just now) and then we went to "the mall" because Mikael needed/needs clothes (the dear girl's been living in Mexico for nearly 9 months after all). So we went to Old Navy and spent about an hour there..man, it was great. I bought jeans and a "pea coat" or "car coat", which is a lovely shade of camel...mmm....

What? Of course I can afford it....

THEN we went and got my mum again, took Ash to the bus, and went home. More or less. In the afternoon we walked to subway, listened to music, talked about whatever (which is generally what Mikael and I do). She stayed for dinner, then we rented the movie. THEN we picked up Ash @ Richmond Center...and he came with me to drive Mikael home, then I took him home. *sighs* Today, I am so filled with JOY...it's hard to describe, hard to stay contained. I think being exhausted helps keep it all in check.

Last night, I was writing in my journal before I went to bed, and God really hit me with Matthew 6:33, and He basically said, "If you seek me first, I will release all these other things into your life. You only need to seek me first." Wow. That may or may not make sense to you (I pray it does), but it did to me, and I have felt...ah, so @ peace ever since. Praise God.

I called the YMCA Child Care guy today....and he wasn't @ work, so I left him a message. AND I get to substitute nanny for Katy tomorrow...yay making money! WOOHOO! AND while we were @ Rogers Video I got a job application. Hey...discount movie rentals...HELLO!!!!

Nite.

oh yeah...listen to Ben Folds/Five. Brilliant.

No comments: